Placement Testing Exclusions
You do not need to go through placement testing if you meet one of the following requirements.
- Have ACT/SAT scores that place you at college levels in Reading and Writing.
- If you have earned a minimum of 15 hours from an accredited US college/university with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, you are exempt from the reading and writing placement tests. You will still need to take the math placement test.
- If you are a guest student or already have a college degree from an accredited US college/university.
- Can provide 10th/11th PSAT scores to be used for calculating your academic levels for Reading, Writing and Math.
- Can submit a high school transcript from a US high school and must have graduated high school or be currently in the 12th grade and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All documents may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Placement test scores will help you determine your starting class levels. Learn more about how to determine your academic level.
Remote Placement Testing
There are limited remote slots for placement testing for those live outside of driving range (country or state) or have a medical condition preventing them from coming to campus only classes. If you would like to test remotely, please click on a link below.
(Preferred option) The Writing Placement test is used to calculate academic levels for reading and writing and may be completed on any device. Access the Writing Placement test WRITING PLACEMENT TEST.
Students may complete a Writing Placement or ACCUPLACER (computerized) assessment designed to assesses your skill level in reading and writing. Click this link to learn more about the ACCUPLACER assessment, see study guides, and read the FAQs,
You may sign up to take the remote Accuplacer test by clicking on this link: schedule your test and filling out the request form. Your submitted request will automatically be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A proctor will send you instructions and link to schedule your test.
Please note: You must have internet and a PC or laptop with a webcam and microphone. Accuplacer does not work on Chromebook or tablet.
- The ALEKS PPL is an assessment test that determines which math course you are ready
to take. Click on these links to learn more about the ALEKS test or schedule your test. A proctor will send you instructions on how to access the test from home.
Please note: You will need a Reading level of 3 or above before taking the ALEKS test.
- You must have internet and a PC or laptop with a webcam and microphone. ALEKS does not work on Chromebooks or tablets.
- The Spanish Placement Test is currently being given virtually via Zoom.
- If you would like to take the Remote Spanish Placement test, please sign up for a day and time to test.
- You must have internet and a PC or laptop with a webcam and microphone. The Spanish Placement Test does not work on Chromebooks or tablets.